Thursday, August 7, 2014

Missionaries What!?

Hi all!! :) 

So this week was long and crazy, the Temple Open House has officially opened to the public and the people have just been pouring in! it's Awesome! :) With so many people going through though we have to be there Every day which isn't too bad it just throws us off sometimes, were working on it though! So it's all good and we know that the Lord is here to help us and He will bless us :) <3

We did the VIP tours last week and we got to show the introduction video to Elder D. Todd Christofferson and his family O_O it was so cool!!!!! And Incredibly never racking!!!! But it was really good :) oh! and Elder L. Tom Perry was there too! I didn't see him, even though he was right there! I was taking someone's picture so I missed him! But he stopped to talk with some other sister missionaries and asked them how the work was going and to not go to bed until they teach 20 lessons O_O AH!!! So now I feel it's even more important to teach 20 lessons a week.  Elder Russel M. Nelson was there too! I saw him walk by, he was in a hurry though and didn't stop to talk with anyone. And M. Russel Ballard was there too!!! Him I did not see but the other sisters did :) it was so cool :) I love my mission!!! such amazing things happen All the time! :) <3
 
So because we have a different shift every day p-days are going to be crazy, but we still wanted to spend time together as a zone, so last night we had an FHE (Family Home Evening) and we did Zumba. :) It was Awesome!! haha There's a Recent Convert who lives in the other sisters area who is a zumba instructor and she came and taught us! I'm gonna be honest it was pretty funny to see all the Elders doing zumba :) But they were pretty good at it to be fair and so was everyone else really. :) So now she's going to do zumba with us once a week in the morning!! I'm so excited!! And the elders said after that they're never going to make fun of zumba again! :) haha
 
We also found this really awesome guy from Brazil and we're hopefully going to start teaching him and his family! I'm pretty excited about that!!! :) So lots of things happening and experiences to be remembered for life :) oh! that reminds me! ok so Sunday after Sacrament meeting the ward mission leader comes up to us and asks "are you two staying for class? what are your plans today?" we were like, what do you need? and he says "can you teach gospel principles?" O_O Sure! we say. O_O So no preparation at all and we go and teach this class, luckily it was on the Sacrament which is something we teach to people anyways :) so that was good. haha and that's life as a missionary right now. Crazy-exciting twist & turns that you never see coming :) and I'm loving every minute of it! ;) Have a Great week everyone!!!! (sorry theres no picture this week I forgot my camera cord XD)

Super Sister Underwood! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment