Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Called to Serve!!!


 I'm serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!! I'm so excited I can't stop smiling!! I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people around me that have helped me prepare to serve! I feel truly blessed! I will be entering the missionary training center (MTC) on May 15th and then will move on to labor in the Ogden Utah area for the remainder of my mission! I am so excited, I've never been on a plane before or been to Utah so this is a big adventure for me!


  

The day after I received my mission call it was sunday and I was in class and was asked to read a scripture it was D&C 31: 3 "Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation" It was so exciting!! How perfect!! I was sitting with my friend who was also preparing to leave to serve a mission and we both poured over the section in excitement!! It was awesome!! 


When we arrived at the airport to fly to Salt Lake we met a friend unexpectedly, it was so exciting because we ended up being on the same flight!! How cool, we had no idea that we would be flying together, it worked out great!! It's amazing how the Lord works. 

Utah is so different, there are no trees, you can see for miles! There are Temples and church buildings everywhere!! It's awesome!! I can't wait to get to Ogden where they are currently reconstructing the Ogden temple it would be so cool if it opens before my mission is over. That would be so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment